Friday, October 19, 2012

Ch..ch...ch...changes

It has been way to long since I've posted to this blog. Life has been full over the psst months with changes, adaptations and planning for the future.  J and I were married in June, had a wonderful and relaxing honeymoon and then went back to our work and community lives. About a week after retuning from our honeymoon we had a terrible shock when J's Mom, only 66, died suddenly and very unexpectedly.  We are still adjusting to that as we walk through the grief journey.

Quick interlude on my parents - things went well with them at the wedding. We were pleasantly surprised that they took the time and resources to come to my mother-in-law's funeral. My father said "you're both our kids, we love you and you need us." Oh how things have changed.

Our summer was also filled with moving J from his apartment to the house I have rented for a number of years, dealing with some of his mom's stuff and very busy work lives.

Before we knew it the High Holy Days were upon us with their joy, work and respite.

Oh, and I've been taking a programming class.

One of the other exciting things is that we found a house to buy! We have a signed contract with the buyer and hope to close around Thanksgiving or a little later. Buying the house is exhilarating and a bit scary. I'm not looking forward to packing a third house this year, but it will be worth it.

So, in a nutshell, things are busy and the beginning of marriage has been a whirlwind.

I hope that things are okay wth you.

Your sister thriver,
Leah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.