Sunday, September 04, 2005

Katrina

I continue to be devestated by the coverage of Hurricane Katrina. The destruction is spread so wide and the government seems so inept in its response. The feeling that the pres cares more about the oil/gas/natural gas industry than the people is typical for Bush II, but disgusting. Not to mention the focus on the looting rather than getting people what they need so they won't need to loot. (What would you do if it was a choice between not having anything to eat or drink for 5 days vs stealing something to feed your children?) I am not excusing blatent lawlessness, but I think things need to be focused on what the survivors need, not arresting them. I know, this is a bit of random post, but I wanted to share some of my thoughts.
Randomly posting now.
Your sister thriver,
Leah

No comments: