Tuesday, March 08, 2005

International Women’s Day

Today is International Women’s Day, so I send a shout out to all women and those who love and support them. To me, the existence of a Women’s Day seems encouraging, yet disheartening. Awareness of the special gifts and talents which women bring to this world adds to the status and place of all women. However, the notion that we need a Women’s Day to remind the world of our lack of equality sadness me.

Many sites are addressing International Women’s Day. Here are just a few I found through some of my usual blog reads:

International Women’s Day home page.
Feministing on IWD
Media Girl (including a list which is definitely worth reading)
International Women’s Day News
With thanks to Hashteput for many of the links.

Celebrate the women in your life!
Your sister thriver,
Leah

No comments: