Monday, December 13, 2004

Feeling the Effect of Physics

When I was a high school physics student (and science geek) back in the day (hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago), our teacher gave us many examples of physics, force and automobile accidents. He was doing it of course to try to get it through our young "it can't happen to me" minds that cars can do a lot of damage. Well, the lesson hit home today. Bad pun. I should have said hit me in the car.

I was on the highway this afternoon in near bumper to bumper traffic when things stopped in front of me. I began to stop in time, but not the young man behind me. He hit me and the force traveled through my car into the one in front of me. What fun. Being a compact-sized pingpong ball. Yipee. Thank G-d, I am okay. I only have a seat belt bruise (thank G-d for that invention) and the annoyance of dealing with the damage and what the insurance company says about my 95 Subaru Impreza. I really like that car and it is in good shape, so I hope that the damage doesn't out-do the value. I have a hunch that might be a fight. What a pain in the a$$. Sheez. By the way, the other people were okay too, save a bump on the forehead of the girlfriend of the kid who hit me (she wasn't wearing her seat belt.)

Be careful out there, wear your seat belt and try not to be a physics experiment!
Your sister survivor,
Leah

No comments: