Tuesday, November 04, 2003

The dating game again

I am about to get back into the dating game. This coming Saturday night, after Shabbat, I will be attending a local Jewish singles event where everyone has a certain number of short "get-to-know you" dates. Should be interesting. At least it will be a night out.

Dating has been a scary thing for me in the past - abusive relationships and just regular bad relationships which weren't for the right reasons. I think that I have grown and that healing has changed how I am in a relationship. But, I still feel vulnerable putting myself out there - for all the "normal" reasons (appearance, profession, age.....) and also for the survivor issues of safety. Beyond taking a chance and trusting my instincts, do any of you have sage advice?

Your sister survivor, Leah.

No comments: