Monday, August 18, 2003

Update

It's been a while since I posted something personal on my page. Yesterday, I returned home from a one-day meeting of the UJC Network, a group of small non-federated communities. I personally have had mixed experiences with UJA (their old name)/UJC in the past, but I needed to go for work and I left the meeting wanting to give UJC a chance. The meeting sparked quite a few ideas for the UJC campaign in my small community as well as a few ideas for the congregation in general. It will be interesting to see where things go from here. Will my comfort with UJC/Federation increase or decrease? What will it mean to me as I become involved with the Regional Board for Network (the UJC staff professional for my region asked me to come onto his board)? Hmmm. I guess I will just have to wait and see. My mind is open.

One of the best parts of yesterday's meeting was hearing Rabbi Jeff Salkin speak. His words were full of humor and inspiration.

I need to go now and get back to work. More later.

No comments: