Monday, August 18, 2003

Update, continued...

I'm back to my blog after a long, but productive day. (I find such satisfaction in a productive day. It may be silly, but being productive helps me feel like I am taking care of myself.) I got up and started working on a project for one job at 7am, got it done and then went to another of my jobs and got quite a bit done there and then went and did something else..... you see the flow of the day. Now, carrying this through the week will be great and very necessary as I have SOOOO much to do. ;-)

Back to the meeting and Rabbi Jeff Salkin. If you are at all a spiritual or religious person or if you think about your "spiritual side", he is a good person to read, especially his book Being God's Partner,
How to Find the Hidden Link Between Spirituality and Your Work
. He also has written a number of books explaining and helping to create memories for bar/bat mitzvah which you can find at Jewish Lights Publishing.

What a good day it has been. Today, a very dear friend of mine made a big job change and is now working for himself. I am so proud of "Doctor Dave" that I feel like my buttons are bursting. (And no, its not from too much cheesecake this time!) Check out his new website, especially if you live in the Eastern part of Kansas and need computer help.

What else. Oh, as mundane as the weather is I got to do something quite pleasureable tonight - I opened my windows and turned off the AC! The air condition had been running for weeks without a break and tonight it is finally cool and dry enough to open the windows. What a treat. The kitty spent the first few window-open hours sitting on the sills of various windows throughout our home, so I think he likes it too. Unfortunatley it won't last past morning, but hey - I'll take what I can get.

Well, I need to continue to be productive or go to bed, so I'll sign off for tonight.
Take care and know that I wish you much strength, courage and joy,
Your sister thriver,
Leah

No comments: