Monday, July 19, 2004

New Member of the Survivor Blog Family and FINALLY Catching you up!

Welcome to the newest member of the survivor blog family - Male Survivor of Childhood Sexual Abuse, a British survivor named Dan with an eloquent and illustrative writing style. (Thanks to Mike for the initial link.

So, on Thursday (yes, I deserve some finger shakes for how long it took me to post - bad girl!) I promised to fill ya'll in on what's been going on in my life. I've been very busy lately with life in Midwesternville and my various jobs and projects. I've also been trying to spend some time with my grandmother (she may have sold her house today, hooray!) and give her some much needed moral support. (She has been going through a lot trying to figure out just what my grandfather left her financially and in the house. She had been begging him for years to go through stuff, but in his rigid stubborness he refused. When he died in December, he left her quite a mess. Oh and while I'm on the topic, they finally found a signed copy of his will, thankfully.) The other thing that's been going on is that (yes, I'm trying to be really honest with myself and you) I've been a bit depressed. I think I am fighting it well and today seems to be a good day. I need to get up in the morning and get out of the house. It is such a help to start the day productively. J.M. called me on it recently and I didn't admit it, so if you are reading now J.M., you can say "I told you so!"

On a positive note, The Project is going well! I am so excited to be able to say it! I feel like the research is rewarding and as I look through the material so far, I have hope that I am on the right path. We'll see at a meeting I have tomorrow on it.

So, all in all, things, thank G-d, are looking up.
Thanks for the support and for still coming back to the site, even during the quiet times,
Your sister thriver.
Leah

No comments: