Saturday, November 22, 2003

On Blogging and Reading Blogs & the Workplace

Wow! So much has happened in the world this week, and I haven't blogged on it. So, tonight I will try to remedy that in a series of posts.

See below for why I've crossed this stuff out.
Reading this article on blogger sent me to Web Fire Escape which has led me to put one of their green buttons on my blog. (So now you know what that is.) The whole question of the use of the internet at work seems to be a sticky one for some people. I would like to think that many bosses are okay with people obviously surfing or blogging or posting at work as long as the work gets done. But, I'm not surprised that some places (like the clinic where a social worker friend works) are so rigid about it that they don't even let their employees have access to the internet thorugh the corporate network. It'll be interesting to watch this change as the 'net and blogging continue to evolve.

(update at 1:15 am on 11/23) After posting this tonight, I spoke with my friend D who reminded me that all traffic on the web is trackable and that as survivors, we might want to be careful about reading survivor blogs and posting to survivor blogs while on the job if we decide not to share our survivor status with our boses. So, that is why I have left the material above but crossed it out. Let me know what you think.

No comments: