Thursday, October 30, 2003

Family Sh#*

First - an update on D and the loss of his dad. I spoke with D this afternoon, and he is doing pretty well - darn well, acutally - taking all the family stuff in stride.

It has been and continues to be (and, I hope always will be) and honor to be a part of D's life. Friends who support each other through it all is a great gift and I treasure all my friends, especially D.

I feel a "but" coming on. Yep. Here it is. Hearing about what is going on with D's family has led me to think about what I would do if tomorrow my "father" were to die. What choices would I make? How would I handle all of my family's garbage and lashing out at me? How would I react to the inevitable accusation that I caused his death (which, of course I will not, if he has consequences from abusing me that is his problem)? (I say this accusation is inevitable, because when I confronted Father and Mother about the abuse, they accused me of trying to kill them. What would I do? I don't know and I won't until I am in the situation - something I hope doesn't happen for a long time. I just hope that I will be able to keep myself safe and sane. Good healing work and good self-care should help. Thanks for letting me share.

No comments: