Sunday, August 24, 2003

Supportive Conversation

At lunch after shabbat morning services yesterday, a woman asked me if I had done anything interesting this summer. I shared with her, and the rest of the people at the table, about the conference (Pursing Truth, Justice & Righteousness). They asked probing questions and by the end of the conversation were accepting of the fact that intimate partner abuse (also called relationship abuse or domestic violence) does occur in the Jewish community in the same rate as other communities and the sad fact that it takes longer (statistically) for Jews to reach out for help. The conversation felt empowering and validating of the work which we did at the conference while urging me to continue my work for the cause.

Thanks for letting me share,
Your sister thriver,
Leah

No comments: