Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Catching Up

Hello. It's been a few days since I've blogged. I guess that I've been feeling stressed out by the approaching High Holy Days and all else that the onset of fall brings. I can't believe it is now 1 month to Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year) and this weekend is labor day - OY!

Speaking of labor day, I expect to have a fun, relaxing and enjoyable weekend as J will be here tomorrow for one whole week! We haven't seen each other since the beginning of August, which isn't too long, but this is the first time he has been to where I live since the end of May (he had to cancel 2 previous trips because of his health). So, I hope that we have a chance to have some fun, see some friends and just spend some time toghether.

In terms of my healing journey (after all it is the focus of this blog), as much as I enjoy the Holy Days (and I really love the liturgy, the ceremonies, the music and more), they always stir up my survivor stuff. It's been a little different each year (since I started my healing around spring of 1999), since I'm different each year, but they are still tough. In coming days I plan to post some information here about what Judaism says about repentance (teshuvah) and forgiveness of our perpetrators (we don't automatically have to forgive them....come back for more later). Its intense stuff mixed with all the good parts of the holidays. I think I'll keep posting as I process.

Well, I'm posting this at the library and my computer time is almost up, so I'll say ttfn (ta ta for now, in case you aren't a tigger fan),
Thanks for letting me share,
Leah

No comments: