Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Welcome to my blog on my first post.

Hi. My name is Leah and this is my first post to my new blog. Hooray. Thanks for being here. This is a blog about one aspect of my life, the hard reality that I am a survivor of incest. My father molested me from age 2 to my teen years, and like many mothers, my mom did nothing to stop it. The journey to healing has been an interesting one (perhaps you can relate to that) and has been greatly helped by three main things: 1) AWESOME and supportive friends 2) a good therapist and 3) God and Judaism. (Now don't go assuming about that.)

I start this blog today to 1) share my story (telling helps), 2) to help others who sadly know all too well about this and 3) to explore the integration of Judaism with my healing journey.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to your comments.

No comments: