Saturday, June 28, 2003

A bit sad and a bit glad

I spoke with J a few hours ago. Unfortunately, he still doesn't feel well and has decided to cancel his trip here. (He was scheduled to arrive on Tuesday and stay for a week.) It has been a month since we saw each other, which isn't as bad as it could be, but both of us were looking forward to seeing one another. (I have plans to go to see him in another month, we'll just have to wait until then to be together.) The worst part of it is that he too really wants to come, but with how he feels, he'd spend the whole week sleeping - why should he travel many many miles just for that? I wish there was something I could do to make him feel better besides be supportive, encouraging and caring. Oh the joys and pains that comes with relationships. Life.

On a totally different note - - I saw the "parents" again last night (they did indeed come to services) and it wasn't too bad. How wonderful it is to know that I can take care of myself around them, not fall into their traps and not feel like I have to kow-tow (?) to my father's wishes/view of world etc. Healing is wonderful!! Thanks to all of you who have helped me on the way! :-)

No comments: