Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Beautiful Surprise a Year Ago

I couldn't have imagined some of the things that happened during this past year.  I had not a clue they were coming.  Not a hint.

A year ago tonight I met a friend and her husband for what I was told were drinks and the chance to meet a new person in town who worked with the friend.  She had called me about a week before and said, "hey we have a new person at work who doesn't know anyone.  Will you meet him so that he knows other Jewish people in town?"

Little did I know that when I sat down at that table that a friendship would start that would blossom into a relationship and into being head over heals in love.  Now I can't imagine my life without DL (is it too sappy to call him DL for dear love?) We speak and/or see each other every day.  My day starts with a good morning phone call and often ends with a good night phone call.  Yes, we are pathetic (in a good way.)

I had no idea this was coming - not.one.clue - as I wrote earlier in this post.  I had come to a place in my life where I knew that I could be happy and whole as a single person blessed with great friends.  And then, surprise surprise, DL becomes a part of my life.

Today we began the month of Elul, a month of reflection and preparation for the coming New Year.  It seems fitting and appropriate that today is also the anniversary of the day we met.

I pray that the year to come is filled with strength, hope, love, courage, healing and good surprises for each of us.

Your sister thriver,
Leah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Leah nice to meet you and read your blog. Hope you are well and I think you might be interested in this blog entry of mine

http://healfromabuse.blogspot.com/2011/10/wordless-wednesday_12.html

Have a good day!