Thursday, December 23, 2004

Why I Haven't Posted in So Long

Hi. It's been over a week since I posted. Things were nutsy between my jobs, dealing with the ramifications of the car accident (more on the accident) and regular life stuff. Then Saturday came, and that night some very bad news. It wasn't unexpected, but hard and painful still. My dear friend and "adopted mom" E died Saturday night. Her last breaths were in her sleep, peaceful and painless. She was only 66, so young for today. Her death is full of so many different things for me, many of which I am only beginning to realize. I travelled to the funeral with a mutual friend of ours. Traveling together (although we didn't stay together - each of us had friends/family to stay with) was so helpful. We told stories, shared E's place in our lives, processed thorugh the funeral service and all the dynamics afterwards. I still can't believe she is gone. Just this morning, while walking through the snowy cold, I thought of her and an element of the day which she would have enjoyed. I'm sure that the coming days and weeks will be filled with other moments that remind me of her. I pray that her memory and her gifts in this world remain a blessing.

No comments: