Saturday, December 31, 2005

A Bit of Politics

I've been staying away from politics lately, but here is a tidbit I found while surfing this afternoon:

MSNBC has a poll about whether Bush should be tried for impeachment (thanks to Feministe for the orignial link). Check it out and take the poll yourself.

Here are the results shown as I took the survey (based on 183750 responses):

Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?
Yes, between the secret spying, the deceptions leading to war and more, there is plenty to justify putting him on trial.
86%

No, like any president, he has made a few missteps, but nothing approaching "high crimes and misdemeanors."
5%

No, the man has done absolutely nothing wrong. Impeachment would just be a political lynching.
8%

I don't know.
2%

Interesting, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard about the impeachment thing regularly and I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Why? I mean what has he done that is any different than any other president?

Is having our soldiers in Iraq that big of a crime? I wonder if people recall the incident with the Samalis in 1993...the President pulled the troops there and over 1000 samalis lost their lives and 19 of our soldiers lost thier lives when they realized the mistake they made and tried to rectify it...perhaps Bush is trying to avoid another mistake like that one.