Tuesday, November 08, 2005

So Long, No Post

Wow. Where does the time go? Is it November already? I can't believe how fast time is going. So much to do at the Job and on the Project.

What have I been doing? Working at both. Seems like non-stop.

Today was a day full of work, learning, writing, joy and saddness.

Let's do saddness first. I am sad over the results of my local election race. A good friend's candidate didn't win, a friend of mine didn't win (although that person is pleased with the end result) and only one of a list of issues came out the way which I think is best for my state. Yuck.

Joy. A few election results seem to have gone well. One of the candidates who has a sign in my yard won tonight! Hooray! The issue for which I also have a sign in my yard also passed (is ahead by a good margin as I type).

Working - I had some good planned and good impromptu meetings at work today. Each day I feel like I am accomplishing another task on the learning curve of this big new job. (I guess I will have to stop saying new soon, as it will be 5 months next week.)

Learning - each day I try to learn, grown and absorb something new. Today I feel like I did it a few times.

Writing - got some done today for the job and myself.

So - - my survivor journey. Where am I? It receeds farther and farther into the background, part of the list of who I am as opposed to one of the things in the top 6. That feels good. Sometimes it feels like I ignore it, and yet other times I feel like I'm in the right place.

Those are my thoughts as the clock nears midnight.

Wishing you well,

No comments: