Sunday, December 26, 2004

Empathy for those in South-East Asia

I can only begin to imagine what a nightmere people are dealing with in SE Asia. Their family members may be missing or dead. As I type, the estimates are between 11-13,000 killed. Unbelieveable. I have been thinking of a college classmate from Sri Lanka (I lost touch with her years ago) and all the people throughout the world who are now living with uncertainty.

I know how I have been feeling sad, empty and hurting after E's recent death. I wish I could do more to reach out to anyone suffering from this tragedy. If you are suffering from a loss and need someone to speak with, comment or email me and I'll do what I can.

Here are some more links on the disaster:
NY Times
Ha'aretz on the disaster and the 1,500 Israelis in the area
Some stories from SE Asia
Divers survive tsunamis

No comments: