Thursday, May 06, 2004

The Courage of a Thriver

Disproportionately Disillusioned is merging her survivor blog with her life in general and professional blog Illusive Life. She has posted in both places about her growth and her decision. Her words are so powerful, that rather than summarize, I'll just quote a bit - go read her for more.

I am learning that as I begin to trust in the world around me, as I begin to believe in myself, as my self-esteem continues to grow I will relax more in the skin I am in and be able to let go of some of the anxiety that surrounds this heightened sense of awareness. I won’t always be looking over my shoulder or suspecting someone who truly wants to be my friend of wanting something more.
I am beginning to believe that my emotions are valid and see the validation in my opinions and emotions for what they really are and not as those who wanted to hurt me wanted me to believe.
I am beginning to understand that I carry the power with me inside to take control of my life and steer it in the direction that I want it to go and that no other person or past event can ever take that away from me.
...
But I know what the alternative is and I have lived that life for far too long. Life is worth living and working for. I may stumble, I may fall, and I know first hand how to get back up and keep going, but there is a difference now that I can carry with me…I am beginning to believe in me, and when you believe in yourself, eventually everyone around you will too.


You Go Girl!

No comments: