Friday, October 10, 2003

Hmmmm.

Hello. One of the things which happened between Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year - this year was Sept. 27, 2003) and Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement - this year October 6, 2003), is that my sister called. We had our typical conversation, meaning that she had an agenda to call, not to just say hello and see what is up with me. So, she told me what was going on with her and then shared the point of the call - - an invitation for Thanksgiving. She is having Thanksgiving in her apartment - she is having our parents and wants me to come - no friends, no friends there (even though one of my closest friends grew up with the husband of her closest friend - and both couples live close by), just the "family." Awww. How sweet. Not. I hear ambush. When the parents were here (where I live, the Sister lives about a 9 hour drive away) you might remember that one of there purposes of the trip was to "convince" me that they never abused me. Ha. So, the point is that I just can't believe that the Thanksgiving thing isn't at least partially about trying to "convince" me again. I don't think I am going to go.

Thanks for letting me vent & share.
Wishing you a day of healing and hope,
Leah

No comments: